X

Spark plug woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thomasman View Post
    that's what i used to take out my sparkplug last weekend. craftsman 5/8 socket =)
    We've tried that, he originally bought a craftsmen spark plug socket set and tried the majority of them when we first started working on it, and the ones big enough to go around the plugs wouldn't fit in the chamber, they hit against the walls before getting down to the plug.

We'll be trying it again tonight, since he's got classes today and school is a ways away from his house.
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Originally posted by naskie18 View Post
      We've tried that, he originally bought a craftsmen spark plug socket set and tried the majority of them when we first started working on it, and the ones big enough to go around the plugs wouldn't fit in the chamber, they hit against the walls before getting down to the plug.

We'll be trying it again tonight, since he's got classes today and school is a ways away from his house.
      Note I didn't say a "spark plug socket".....

Just take the 5 minutes to try a 17MM deep well.

Comment

yeah, you have to get it kinda in a angle (i did had to), and i also took off the crossbar as well. If you didn't do that you should, it'll give you more room to work with as well.
        1995 SUZUKI 600 My PURPLE BEAST =)

My build and progress thread

Comment

I am assuming that you took a flashlight and checked to make sure the hole is clear of debris... is the tip of your plug hitting the extension of your ratchet?

that is about all I got at this point other than trying other sockets

Comment

Well I got it finally! So thank you all for your input.

First I went out and got a nice 17mm craftsman socket and mucked around with that, it wouldn't grip and was definitly too small. So I tried the thin walled, deep 18mm again, and I noticed the nut was turning slightly when I would lean really hard on the wrench, and turn. It would only turn a little each time, So when I finaly got the first one out, first I screamed with joy, then checked the size of the head. For some reason one point on the head is just a little longer than it should be. It was the damdest thing. So I got to work ripping the rest out, and off I went. So again, thank you to the community.

Comment

Working...
            X