X

Air/Fuel turns for stock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air/Fuel turns for stock

Hey all. I recently took my ivans jet kit out and reinstalled the stock needles and mains. My question is how many turns out do the screws need to be? I had them out at 2 1/2 turns and it did not have any throttle response at all so I put them at 2 5/8 and it runs much better but if I hold the RPM's at like 2000 the motor seems like it is missing and just running a little rough. It runs good enough to ride but I just want to make sure of the screw turns. I have an 05 600. Thanks a lot

I always start at 2.5 turns out. You're probably right.

Comment

Well it runs pretty good but I notice that it vibrates more than it used to when it was stock. Also it is after firing more than it used to. Too lean? Maybe another 1/8 turn out? Thanks for the help.

Comment

yeah, if your getting after fires, I'd go out more on the screws, try 1/4 of a turn, I really don't think 1/8 will do much for you

Comment

Yeah I think I will try that. What are some signs that it is running too rich? Will running it lean for like 40 miles hurt anything? Thanks.

Comment

Acording to Haynes the Stock settings is 1,75 out.
            I have mine set for this.
            And should it be the same for both the US and the UK models??? Arsenic.??
            If you look into the US bible of the katana, what does the book say for Stock?

I was wondering if i should try the 2.5 turns out also. I get a lot of backfiring when decell. (When of the throttle)

Sorry for my s h i t t y english, but i'm danish.

My bike... http://kortlink.dk/4dsu
            sigpic

Comment

according to Haynes, the stock setting for US is PRESET you aren't supposed to mess with them. Thats why the brass cap is over them.

Originally posted by OBrian-DK View Post
              I get a lot of backfiring when decell. (When of the throttle)
              thats not a backfire thats an after fire. It's not from running rich, it's from running lean. With your pilot screws at 1.75 turns out no wonder.
              Last edited by arsenic; 04-08-2008, 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ok. i will try to adjust them to 2.5 turns out then.

I had a lot of plans with my engine.
                It has run 48000 miles and i was looking for a nice 750 to put on it because the old one feels tired.
                But now all my plans lies in the hands of my wife and she does not agree.

So now i'm running a very low budget and want the old engine to run as good as possible.

sigpic

Comment

no problem dude , I can make a 600 beat any stock 750 no problem. While there is no replacement for displacement, I can make a built 600 beat a stock probably 1100 I'm not sure though.
                  Last edited by arsenic; 04-08-2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

well ill need to get my emulsion tubes changed also. They are shaped like this 0 instead of o.
                    Should i change my needles also???

By the way... the last time i synched my carbs i noticed something wierd.
                    When finished with the sync, all looked the same, i twisted the throttle a bit. When dooing this, one of my carbs loosed the vaccum. the other 3 moved to more vaccum. What could be the prob? If there is one??

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X