X

Emulsion tube removal? Arsenic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emulsion tube removal? Arsenic?

Anyone able to give me some guidance on emulsion tube removal? Arsenic, was told you might be the best to help. I checked Haynes, no mention I could find.

Thanks.

i removed mine by using my fingers to push up the jet block(plastic piece inside the carbs). or used the fat end of the screw driver to help push the jet block up. there is an o ring under the jet block. I even on one threaded the main jet in some, and tapped the end of the main jet lightly with a hammer, popped it up enough to pull it out. i found new emulsion tubes helped my kat out the most.

edit.....though i think that you have to have the butterflies out to move the jet block, not sure though.
    Last edited by BarMatt80; 04-03-2008, 05:53 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

You don't need to remove the butterflies. You will have to take the main jet out though, and probably remove the needle.

If it's being stubborn, I've used a regular old pencil to tap lightly DOWN from the top. The plastic tubes aren't that hard to get out... the brass tubes on the 1100 I had were another story....
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Unscrew the main jet a turn or so then just tap it with the handle of the screwdriver. It will loosen the plastic housing enough to pull it out with your fingers.
        1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
        1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Check out this link

Comment

sorry, didn't see this, but yeah they're right, you just press it out.

Comment

Working...
            X