Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Loss in acceleration(or torque or response?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss in acceleration(or torque or response?)

OK I will explain the situations. In times no matter if it was at a dead stop or when cruising down the road and accelerating to pass someone at a certain point of the throttle I lose all power and I have to back off and slowly increase power. When I loose all power it revs really high and then when I lower the revs it kicks back in. Also I sometimes have difficulty shifting and it shifts really hard alot too.

After maybe a lil over a year of no use I FINALLY get to get it back on the road and today I drained and cleaned my gas can and carburetors and It starts and sounds better than ever but I still have that slipping problem.

Can anyone help me?

Sounds like it could be a fueling issue. Have you checked the float bowl levels?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My concern though is the reving very high. Which is gona indicate a clutch or transmission problem.

Now when you say hard shifting are you pulling in the clutch or speed shifting? If it is happening to shift hard just pulling in the clutch and shifting when normal driving then I would look at the clutch. I personaly think it sounds like it is a clutch slipping.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Just5cents View Post
        When I loose all power it revs really high and then when I lower the revs it kicks back in. Also I sometimes have difficulty shifting and it shifts really hard alot too.
        Sounds like a clutch to me..
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Clutch or dirty / plugged fuel filter
          It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

That's the clutch slipping.

first try adjusting the clutch push rod and cable free play...also lube the cable. If it still does it and I bet it will cause you have glazed the plates so badly riding it like this you will need to replace the friction plates.
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
              Clutch or dirty / plugged fuel filter
              I doubt its a fuel filter...as he says it started revving high, and he has to let off the gas to get it to start gripping again...

Its a clutch issue
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

thanks guys for your tips and info. I believe my dad said my brother had problems just like mine with the bike before he gave it to me. The only problem is my brother had some guy down the road try to fix it but apparently he didnt at all. Hardlydangerous, when you say lube the cable how and what cable is that? And if my plates are "glazed" then what do i need to look into replacing and about how much are they?

Thanks again guys for your tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                  I doubt its a fuel filter...as he says it started revving high, and he has to let off the gas to get it to start gripping again...

Its a clutch issue

Gotcha...HIGH revs...
                  It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Working...
                  X