X

K&N Air Filter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N Air Filter

Ive been doing some research and im thinking about getting a K&N air filter. I was just wondering if they actually do anything as far as performance, gas mileage, etc etc. I know it says it does on K&N, but Id just like to hear it from some people who have actually used it. Thats why i love this site. Thanks!
    Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

yeh K&N filters do a lot, they make your bike run like crap. Don't believe me, get one and see for yourself.

Comment

agree with arsenic stay away from them

Comment

Ditto. I bought a pair of them and they were only on the bike for a month. Of course, I made no adjustments to the carbs so that was probably why the filters didn't work so well.
        "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

even if you DO makes adjustments it still won't work right.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            yeh K&N filters do a lot, they make your bike run like crap. Don't believe me, get one and see for yourself.
            i've run mine in my kat for the last 7 years with no complaints,but i don't run it very hard

Comment

Don't get one.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                even if you DO makes adjustments it still won't work right.
                How so ? I havn't had an issue yet I ride mine hard
                Last edited by waveman; 03-31-2008, 05:21 PM.
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

most times K&N are used either maked No change whatsoever..But when they do make a change its usually for the worse and are more likely to actually cause issues in performance.

I have one for sale...if you want it PM..give ya a good deal. NEVER used new in box for 98+

Comment

This was my experience with K&N it isn't good.
                    Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                    From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                    this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

I havn't made the video yet.
                    sigpic
                    Update Jul 11 2014
                    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

thanks for the heads up. Im def. not going to waste to money on one of those.
                      Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

Comment

Working...
                      X