X

Fuel starved?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel starved?

Just bought a 92 Kat 600. Got it home, put a new battery in it, plugs, drained the gas, oil, and pulled the carbs. Carbs need some more work but the bike will fire with carb cleaner. I think the # 1&2 carbs are sticking. The throttle cable only moves #3&4 carb and has no spring tension. My biggest question with all this right now is, shouldnt there still be gas coming from the tank? The lines are bone dry. Tried starting in all three positions. No change. Any ideas on where to go next would be appreciated. I read through the search forum and there was something about a diaphram in the petcock valve.

Semper Fi

No gas flow until you have vacuum to the petcock. Turn to prime and get all the gas you want to the carbs. Flush the tank. Rebuild the petcock.
    Last edited by Kfreak; 03-29-2008, 07:39 PM.

Comment

If your putting it on prime, and nothings coming out... make sure there is gas in the tank, unbolt the tanks and drain it out, unbolt the petcock, and make sure the screen isnt solidly gummed over.

Prime should flow without vaccum. If its not, then the screen on the top of the petcocks got to be blocked with something.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
      X