X

Idle screw issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle screw issues

Ok so my kat is idling at around 500rpm or so. I went to adjust the idle screw and lo and behold its not even screwed in. It came out but i dont know when. I have the idle screw and the spring is still on it. I need to get the screw back in but I am not sure where it goes exactly. Is there a diagram or something that I can look at. Does anyone have tips to make it easier.
    (arsenic or bp perhaps) Its a tight fit in there. I searched several threads but couldnt seem to find one that covered this. Sorry if I missed it.
    If you truly want to be different...just be yourself.

If you can't stand the heat...become a cop
    Proud to be one of America's Bravest

I would say if you need to know where it goes go to either www.ronayers.com or www.bikebandit.com and look on their microfich and the pictures will show you pretty good.

Not knowing the year of yours, if it is like an 88 it goes inbetween carbs 2 and 3.

Comment

yeah, those can thread all the way out. unfortunately you are going to have to take the tank and airbox off to get at it since it threads in straight up! you'll see where when you are in there; at the throttle actuator. there was a washer on there too:

1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by creepinghunter View Post
        I would say if you need to know where it goes go to either www.ronayers.com or www.bikebandit.com and look on their microfich and the pictures will show you pretty good.

Not knowing the year of yours, if it is like an 88 it goes inbetween carbs 2 and 3.
        its a 95 600 and thanks for the link ronayers has some really good diagrams on it. looking at their pics it does go between 2 and 3. Thats gonna a real pain to get to

Originally posted by catfish View Post
        yeah, those can thread all the way out. unfortunately you are going to have to take the tank and airbox off to get at it since it threads in straight up! you'll see where when you are in there; at the throttle actuator. there was a washer on there too:
        yeah i noticed the washer and thanks for the pic.
        Last edited by 1BADKAT; 03-27-2008, 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just be careful and dont get fustrated real quick and it will go in just fine. And if it does not thread in fairly easily, STOP, and make sure it is going in straight and not cross threading

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by creepinghunter View Post
            Just be careful and dont get fustrated real quick and it will go in just fine. And if it does not thread in fairly easily, STOP, and make sure it is going in straight and not cross threading

Good Luck
            Need all the luck I can get. I'm gonna take it apart at the station tommorrow since we have every tool known to man in the shop and a few extra hands for help.

Thanks again for the help guys I'll post up again tommorrw and let ya'll know how it went.

Yeah I said ya'll I know I'm a redneck

Comment

i think all you need is a phillips screw driver, a 10 MM socket, some pliers for those fuel hose clamps, and a frosty beverage of your choosing

if your petcock works you shouldn't have a big mess when you pull the tubes
              1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

You just might be a red neck if you own a pre 98 Katana......
                Oh crap I guess that makes me one too

Comment

to screw that back in you need 0 tools. To take the tank and the air box off, yeah, you need some stuff

Comment

Isnt the simple redneck fix to use duct tape and tape that do-hickey all up in thar?
                    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by catfish View Post
                      i think all you need is a phillips screw driver, a 10 MM socket, some pliers for those fuel hose clamps, and a frosty beverage of your choosing
                      Not sure but I think they frown on the police drinking on the job..
                      Drinking at the station is right out..

Oh.. I guess you could have meant a frosty Root beer?!

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                        Isnt the simple redneck fix to use duct tape and tape that do-hickey all up in thar?
                        naw man the do-hickey has to be superglued to the thingamabob afor you can put er on oer thar

Comment

afor!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                            Not sure but I think they frown on the police drinking on the job..
                            Drinking at the station is right out..

Oh.. I guess you could have meant a frosty Root beer?!
                            aww man cmon now bp I caught ya slippin. Im a fireman

Comment

I am surprised the vibrations didn't cause you to loose the screw and spring. One of these days I need to pull my cowls off and make sure eveything is tight, in place, and ok. Best of luck and again don't cross thread the idle screw.

Comment

Working...
                              X