Clear All

• Help

i have a 93 kat 600 and shes not running like i want her to
    couple of problems

petcock issues ......i can fix

the kat idles way to high
    2-3k
    and thats after choke is on and off
    the choke doesnt return back i have to push it in on the side of the engine manually

so im looking for some imput
    hope arsenic knows whats going on and how to fix it

yeah I know. lower the idle with the adjustment screw. Then your choke, lube EVERYTHING on the carbs, spray WD-40 on EVERYTHING. Get a new choke cable and lube that. The petcock issues may have something to do with your high idle, but I doubt it. I'd say fix the choke issue and go from there.

Comment

yeah turn your idle down, little turn know under the carbs on a cable.....

Comment

yea spray some lube on the choke plungers and cable and mess with you idle screw and make sure your throttle cable isn't binding either and keeping the flutterbys open let us know if it works!
        Captain of Squad 11

Comment

the idle adjustment i did and i get it to 1300 and let it sit for a minute or so and then by it self it rockets up

second thing is that the choke can be engaged but cant be dissengaged on the handle bar

so far no luck and now she wont start
          gets a sputter or two but i dont want to keep reving the engine cuz it will drain the battery and might screw up the selonoid

i have been also having problems painting the body
          after its preped i spray the primer --self adhearing primer--
          wait for it to dry
          i usually wait 1 to 2 days to make shure its good than i wet sand that to get the minor imperfections out
          after the body has been sitting inside the house and fully dried i take it to the garrage and start painting (15 cm away from the body is where the can is held ) the paint goes nuts
          it literaly makes a snakeskin effect its like it shrinks or something and its ****ing me off
          Last edited by ICEG; 03-19-2008, 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ICEG View Post
            i have been also having problems painting the body
            after its preped i spray the primer --self adhearing primer--
            wait for it to dry
            i usually wait 1 to 2 days to make shure its good than i wet sand that to get the minor imperfections out
            after the body has been sitting inside the house and fully dried i take it to the garrage and start painting (15 cm away from the body is where the can is held ) the paint goes nuts
            it literaly makes a snakeskin effect its like it shrinks or something and its ****ing me off
            Sounds like you have an incompatibility between your primer and your paint.
            -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
            -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Could also be either prep - did you wipe down the fairings with a tack cloth or a cleaner prior to top coat? Was both the fairings and paint at room temp - above 60? That will also make a big difference in trying to get the paint to lay properly. Both paint and prime from same manufacturer? If the paint is creeping, could be that the fairings were not properly cleaned.
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

the primer is fifferent than the paint

i guess ill sand it all off and start over

Comment

a snake skin effect would be pretty cool though
                  Captain of Squad 11

Comment

yes but if its all over

mine is just in random spots

btw i know gow to make the effect
                    take fishnets the tightly voven ones that have the honey come shapes and put it over your bace and then use an accent color like a gray candy and go over the fish nets

Comment

Working...
                    X