X

Shift Kit Installed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift Kit Installed

I just installed a Factory Pro Shift Kit today in a 04 750. My question to anyone who has one is how much stiffer is yours than the old one? Mine seems at least 2 or 3 times. I have not had a chance to ride it yet because it is late and I have had a couple of beers. That is on my list for first thing in the morning. It will shift through all gears up and down with no problem.
    S**t happens, live with it!

It's supposed to be stiffer....

Comment

how hard / long was the install?

Comment

I would say 3-4 times stiffer, but you will get use to it.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert View Post
          how hard / long was the install?
          I've got a thread posted here somewhere...it's not hard.

Buy the shift kit from CP and it comes with the spring and a new oil pan gasket. Then go ahead and spring for a Fumoto valve.

That way, next oil change, drain the oil the normal way...then drop the oil pan, let it drain some more. Then remove the oil pan pickup (2 bolts) to make it easier to get to. Then use snap ring pliers, take of the snap ring holding the shifter rod / post on. Unhook the stock spring. Pull the rod off, mount the new spring, set it up in there, pull the spring onto the mount, put the snap ring back on, new gasket then oil pan and fumoto.

Comment

I finally took it out after putting it in. What a difference. I would really suggest this mod to anyone. It was really easy. It took about 2 hours but a good part of that time was waiting for the oil to drain and drinking beer. When you take off the oil sump filter be careful of the gasket. The kit does not come with a new one. In the directions it will tell you to take of the shift detent arm. Please listen to ctandc ( see above )and use apair of slip ring pliers. It does not tell you that. I got mine from CP and he is great to do business with.
            S**t happens, live with it!

Comment

Working...
            X