X

My bike won't run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike won't run

So i did the gixxer 750 cam swap with minor porting done as well. I have a jet kit but have not put it in yet and right now i am running the stock exhaust. When i crank it over it will sound like it wants to start. Once it actually ran for about 2 seconds. Occasionally it will back fire. It isn't the cams or anything, i already went back to check if the timing chain jumped a tooth and it did not. I am assuming it is ignition. Has anyone else done this and run into similar problems?

If it ran before the cam swap, you most likely have a timing issue somewhere. Especially if you have a backfiring thing once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by elkat View Post
      If it ran before the cam swap, you most likely have a timing issue somewhere. Especially if you have a backfiring thing once in a while.
      it is my ignition...i am not sure how to wire up the coils, i don't know what goes where...I know for a fact it is not the timing

anyone....?....?
      Last edited by redkatana; 03-16-2008, 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

here is some pics...are the wires right on the coil?
        Attached Files

Comment

It appears they are, the orange I beleive is the common, Since each coil faces the other, but are the same part number, the neg and positive posts would be opposite relative to each other. If the coil is connected incorrectly it wont fire period. I would have to take a peek at mine tommorow maybe and see which colors on top, But I am almost positive off the top of my head that the orange on top is correct on the left coil.
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
            It appears they are, the orange I beleive is the common, Since each coil faces the other, but are the same part number, the neg and positive posts would be opposite relative to each other. If the coil is connected incorrectly it wont fire period. I would have to take a peek at mine tommorow maybe and see which colors on top, But I am almost positive off the top of my head that the orange on top is correct on the left coil.
            that is what i thought...i thought if the coil was wired incorrectly it wouldn't give any spark but i went to check the spark and it sparked with the wires plugged in both ways...

Comment

Yeah, these are dumb coils. By that I mean that they are not polarity dependent. Some systems the out put side is grounded so if you hook them up wrong you get poor/no spark or your spark fails after a while.

However.. It might make a difference. So factory is best, Md86 posted a sketch of how the coils hooked up once.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Yeah, these are dumb coils. By that I mean that they are not polarity dependent. Some systems the out put side is grounded so if you hook them up wrong you get poor/no spark or your spark fails after a while.

However.. It might make a difference. So factory is best, Md86 posted a sketch of how the coils hooked up once.
                do you know where i could search for that?

Comment

Try using the search feature>>Advance search and search under his name
                  If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                  Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                  X