X

Sprocket and Chain Upgrade Complete.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
    I was looking at that today. How it is almost at the same line of the stock chain on the adjuster. I didn't get to drive it today. But hopefully soon. Yeah right now I got the snap link in. But only till I get the tool. I hoping I can get one local. I ask the Matco truck today. He said no. So I will go by Suzuki dealer and hope they do. Or just take it to my local mechanic and just get him to do it for me. But I prefer to do it myself.

50 bucks, thats not too bad, I paid 80 for the motion pro set and this looks to be exactly the same.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
      I've got at least two issues with aluminum sprockets.
      The first one was already mentioned (aluminum wears far faster than steel, because although the surface may be harder, the underneath metal that has to take the load isn't), and the second one is that chain lube doesn't polar-bond to aluminum, meaning you need to lube about four times as often to keep the roller-to-sprocket interface properly lubed.
      With a 520 aluminum set-up, my guess is he'll be due for a new chain & sprockets again in under 10k miles -- compared to the typically 25-30k miles I get out of the steel set-up before it gets anywhere near it's wear limits.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Yeah we will see what happens. The good part to all of this is I research this and knew about the bad. But I like it so far. But I havn't really got to ride it yet like I want to.
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTOR...spagenameZWDVW

50 bucks, thats not too bad, I paid 80 for the motion pro set and this looks to be exactly the same.
        I always post that link, I've got that one.

Comment

Working...
        X