X

wheel chroming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel chroming

anyone know a cheap place online to get wheels chromed? I'd like to get my wheels, swingarm and peg brackets done but the cheapest i can seem to find is like $550 just for the wheels.

anyone have any experience polishing the stock wheels for a 98+? do they look pretty good?
    Last edited by GabeC; 03-03-2008, 07:12 PM.
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

Sure they look great polished. For about 5 minutes. Polishing any metal like wheels, without any kind of "clearcoat" is futile. You'll be polishing more than riding. Why not look into a 'chrome like' powder coating color? Much cheaper than $550 and it will hold up for alot longer, without polishing.

Comment

Chrome plating

Caswell Inc. sells a fairly cheap powder coating kit that you can use in your garage for about 500 bucks after buying the colors. It's really cool and I used on my Harley motor and it holds up really good.

Daniel Velasquez
      Bad Mojo Customs
      [email protected]

Comment

I believe Sasquatch is offering powder coating services to his KR brethren. I would shoot him a pm to get a price (reduced for KR members).
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

After looking at a few Kats with chromed wheels I've decided not to chrome mine, though I might get them powder coated black...

Comment

Working...
          X