X

you will love this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you will love this

so im sure you all sick of reading my carb posts by now but get this. i got fed up and after sending a few emails to dynojet i got cerious and wanted to set mixture screws to what he said 2.5 turns so i decided to drop a carb bowl to. turns out the dumb ass put 110 jets in it when its soppose to have 120s least he got the needles right. and i know that idle not droping is a cause of lean ness but he said it was rich. so anyway with the filter set up for high flow for the 120 jets it was leting in to much air for the 110 jets and my exhaust. causing it to run lean and idle to act funny and not drop fast after revs. did i get it right guys am i really smarter then the main mechanic and the suzuki dealer? i have to go back tommrow to get the right jet kit as he gave me the wrong one today becuase i dint get it when i picked the bike up. so ill probley put the jets in myself then take it bac to him to get synced please tell me this solved all my problems

Hey lucky, we have a sync tool at the hanger, it it only takes a few minutes. Why pay when you can do it for free???
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

becuase im not going to pay muhahah store closes at 5 but he still works in the shop in back still till 7 so he told me to drop by around 5 i need to get the right jets from him to he gave me the wrong jet kit today a used one for a 88-89 kat he must keep all the used ones people dont want. mines still on the shelf though i guess. something else funny i was checking the needles and on the first cap i took off he had screwed the rubber diafram thingy thats around the needle spring on top, partley under the cap. so i went and checked the rest of them. i hope it works after tommrow. i may stop by though this weekend if i get it runing good and all my plastics on.

Comment

just for an update i got the 120s in today and set the screws at 2.5 out it was still runing lean so did another turn on the screws and shbam runs like a champ. now just gota bring it to the dealer to syinc the carbs and warrenty MY work

Comment

I did not like, how mine 03 750 took long to warm up on the cooler mornings. After I looked in the manual I noticed that Suzuki sets 2 inner carbs different than the outter ones. The reason for that is to keep the mixture lean and fuel economy. I turned all 4 carbs 3 turns and synchro them. The bike runs mint and if u are on the throttle the plugs will stay clean as well.
          www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Working...
          X