X

My official post 750 swap into a pre 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
    I figured I was pulling the valve cover again regardless....

I didn't silicone those...but I didn't silicone those when I changed valve cover gaskets on the 600 when I did the valve adjustment and that and never had problems...

I'll check 'em
    I'm not saying you HAVE too silicone those, but why the hell not? It will take you two friggin seconds and you won't have to ever pull the valve cover back off.

Comment

True. I'm going to start on it as soon as I finish my smoke. I have a tournament for my baseball team this weekend, so this will be about all the wrench time I get. Hopefully this does it.

And you're saying silicone them to the valve cover itself? Because both times I've had valve covers off the Kats, the two middle 'mickey mouse' gaskets stayed on the tower on the head, and actually weren't easily moved at all..the other (outer) two stayed with the valve cover.

Comment

yes, silicone them to the valve cover, I know they stick to the tower, but the groove for them is in the cover.

Comment

Okay worked on it for a couple of hours this morning. Got the valve cover off and back on. The massive leak is gone, didn't have time to make sure, but looks there might be a small 'seepage' going. Probably just replace the entire gasket next time.

Got the new muffler connector gasket on. Fired the bike up..

Okay..

Why am I getting backfires when getting the bike cranked? Seems to run fine once started, and once warm it start right up no backfire. But if it sits for a bit it seems to give off a nice big backfire.

-I switched to the 91 600 CDI, but didn't get time to see if it ran any better.

Quick run down

-01 750
          -Carbs have Ivan's jet kit installed, a/f set at 4 turns out (I started at 3.5)
          - 5 degree advancer installed
          - Stock airbox and filter

Carbs looked spotless when I put the jet kit in.

Cranks right up, idles ROCK SOLID...

Just feels a bit.. 'laggy' when give it gas.

Also, I'll make sure Monday, but it 'seemed' that after running it a bit, #4 and #3 (two farthest to the Right) header pipes were not as hot as the other two.

Plugs are new.

Can't really be coil / spark plug wires screwed up, it runs too smooth at idle...

I'm going to try to sync the carbs and see what happens.

Any recommendations for the a/f screw w/ Ivan's jet kit and Scorpion slip on?

I may back it off to 3 turns and see from there...

BTW Floats were moving freely and all in spec.
          Last edited by ctandc; 03-15-2008, 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
          X