Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Which gas tank hoses need to be hooked up when syncing carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which gas tank hoses need to be hooked up when syncing carbs?

If it matters this is a '97 Katana 600.

I know the hoses on the left and right of the petcock must be hooked up but what about the one that connects to the back of the petcock and two that connect to the bottom of the tank?

I need to know so I can buy the appropriate hosing so I have have the tank hooked up remotely to the carbs.
    '00 TT600
    '97 Katana 600 (bro's)
    '87 Grand National (car)

The hose that goes to the back of the petcock needs to be plugged! Very important..

Once you plug that and hook up your gas that's it..

Comment

is there a DIY for carb sync-ing a post 98?

Comment

yes there is. His 97 has 2 fuel lines to the carbs. That is why he is asking, I think. While it has 2 fuel lines, if only 1 is hooked up it's still getting gas. 98+ carbs only have 1 fuel line at the carbs.

Comment

Specifically, peter is talking about the vac line that runs from the petcock to the carbs... if it's not capped, you won't be able to synch them correctly.

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
          yes there is. His 97 has 2 fuel lines to the carbs. That is why he is asking, I think. While it has 2 fuel lines, if only 1 is hooked up it's still getting gas. 98+ carbs only have 1 fuel line at the carbs.
          http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/katana/trinc/sync.htm
          Both on a pre 98 need to be connected to the gas source, other wise you are only feeding half the carb bank... they are not connected.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
            http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/katana/trinc/sync.htm
            you rock! thanks for posting that link!

Comment

Not that anyone mentioned this, But Peter came the closest to touching the matter, Since you'll have the vac line plugged, you are going to have to make sure the switch on the feul tank is set to "Prime" or you wont get any fuel.
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Thanks guys, you rock.
                '00 TT600
                '97 Katana 600 (bro's)
                '87 Grand National (car)

Comment

Is there any that also need to be capped off on a 98+? Have I been doing it wrong all along?

Comment

Just the vac hose leading from the # 4 carb that would hook to the backside of the petcock. The other lines are not vacumm lines and on 98 + you only have one fuel line to the carbs I beleive.
                    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                    X