X

Help tearing bike down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help tearing bike down

I know how to take off both the side fairings. But what about everything else? is there a guide somewhere that shows how to take off the tail seat cowl and everything? i'm going to get EVERYTHING painted and need all the plastics off the bike and could use some instruction.
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

Gabe...
    I don't know the answer, but I'm curious. What color are you planning to paint the bike? You doing it or having it done? How much? I have a bike just like yours...I remember your story. Guess the turn indicator lense fit okay?

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
      mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
        Gabe...
        I don't know the answer, but I'm curious. What color are you planning to paint the bike? You doing it or having it done? How much? I have a bike just like yours...I remember your story. Guess the turn indicator lense fit okay?
        yes it will fit just fine. I got quoted $125 to fix and paint the left scratched fairing. my right fairing also has a little gash in it from when i bought it used so i figure i can just get the whole bike painted for around $400-$500. I'm pulling it apart tomorrow and taking all the plastics to get a quote for it.

as for color i'm thinking a crimson red, similar to this bike:

thx again for that lense
        06' Zuki Katana 750
        Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

That "crimson red" is the color of my 2006 750. I really like it. I got one of those chrome tank decals that prevents scratching when I'm prone. I really adds. The color, metallic red, (I call it candy apple) was called "maroon" by the dealer, but it's not. They actually did have maroon Katanas, and they had plain old red. The bike in the pic is a nice, deep, metallic with some flaking within. It's a good color even though I sort of like black.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

The pic of that bike just makes me think ANTS (the cartoon movie) or BUGS (Starship Troopers). I can't say I like it.

Comment

Working...
            X