No announcement yet.
X

oil level up and down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah it's fine on the center stand. I've always done it on the side stand and just had someone hold it level, but we have 4 techs at the dealership

Comment

I grab the front brake, kneel next to the bike and tip it to me.

One of these days it's gonna flatten me..

Comment

ill stick to the center stand method!!

Comment

Oil.

FFS.

Comment

I always use the centerstand too.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

the oil will never show when its running no matter how many quarts you put in there. just so you know. and tilt it, c'mon dont be a little sissy man, look if you want, you can have your grandma help you
              Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchcropper View Post
                FFS.

Comment

yeah I have no idea what that means

Comment

oh i know what it means, i just have no idea why it was said!!

(For F**k sake!)

Comment

yes miracles do happen the bike is actually running! after 2 years following the advice of a total douchebag mechanic, the bike is making noise. tommorow the carb sync gets done and plastics get put on, but something will go wrong (it always does!) its been so long i think i forgot how to ride the thing

Comment

ok had it running yesterday and all of a sudden there was an oil leak from cam chain tensioner gasket. called dealer they told me it would take a week, so called autozone and they sold me a make your own gasket paper the stuff is twice as thick as the suzuki oem one and it worked perfectlly, only took an hour to do its good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by icekillah View Post
                          yes miracles do happen the bike is actually running! after 2 years following the advice of a total douchebag mechanic, the bike is making noise. tommorow the carb sync gets done and plastics get put on, but something will go wrong (it always does!) its been so long i think i forgot how to ride the thing
                          hey, that's aimed at me isn't it?
                          Last edited by arsenic; 01-22-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

coolio!
                            Glad you're among the two wheeled again!

Comment

no its not arsenic some local guy did a compression test on the bike and told me it needed new piston rings (only problem was the starter relay was bad and starter motor wouldn't rotate engine!) but that neutral indicator switch is working perfectally

Comment

compression tests suck to begin with. How the hell would he have any idea it was piston rings? I need to shut up now, I could go off on hack job "mechanics"

Comment

Working...
                                X