X

starting problem after wreck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting problem after wreck

my bike was recently dropped going about 5 mph on it's left side, cracked start cover, scratched fairings, etc.

haven't rode in a while and dont remember if this is normal but when i pull the clutch in to start the bike it has a very slight jump when i hit the start button.
    It does it right when i hit the button. When i get it started it runs fine and everything but i couldn't remember if this was normal or not. The bike IS in gear when i pull the clutch and it is fully pulled in. Is it normal for a slight jump forward when starting the bike when it's in 1st?
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

When it's cold , yeah . That's cold thick oil causing the clutch plates to stick a little bit . No big deal , unless it still lurches a lot when hot ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It's just normal clutch lock up and nothing to worry about.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I'm pretty sure mine does the same thing, but, I never start it in gear when it's cold. Always on the stand in neutral, so it has time to warm up.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
        X