X

Crankcase help on a '06 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankcase help on a '06 Kat

Hey everyone, I recently acquired a 2006 Suzuki Katana 600cc bike from my brother after he wrecked it. I am trying to get it back into running condition. I think the right side crankcase cover got a hole shaved through it when the bike went down. All the oil leaked out after that. I'm pretty sure it's the crankcase cover. Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions what I might need to do or where I can get parts? Thanks!

Ignition cover . Happens alot . They're cheap , too .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
      Ignition cover . Happens alot . They're cheap , too .
      What MD!! No JB Weld for this one? LOL Surprised you didn't suggest it :smt006
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Oh yeah , you can most likely fix it with some JB Qwik . It's quite easy , and will outlast the bike most likely if applied correctly .

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
          Oh yeah , you can most likely fix it with some JB Qwik . It's quite easy , and will outlast the bike most likely if applied correctly .
          Or it could leak when it's hot like Taz's bike....
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Really ? I don't remember his cover leaking . I fixed his a couple summers ago on the side of the road . I didn't have any brake cleaner at the time though , and had to settle for just wiping it with a rag . I've fixed a few covers , including the oil pan , and NEVER had a problem with leaks .

Comment

Working...
            X