• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got 14/50 and i would never change it again

Comment

Re: sprocket question??

Originally posted by Badkitty
      So i go down to my dealer today and ask for price on new sprockets. I did not get a price on the rear as they would have had to order it and would have taken 3+ weeks, BUT they can order me a -1 front sprocket for $18 and have it here by friday.

My question is which would be the biggest difference? Changing the front by -1 or the rear by +3
      (RANT ON)
      This is PURE B.S. on their part! 3 weeks? Shiate - I can MAKE One in less time! They are lazy and or stupid and or deceiptful! DEALERS
      (RANT OFF)

I order sprockets on Tuesday and have them on THAT Thursday, Friday at the latest! Parts Unlimited, which almost every dealer in the USA has access to and an account with! No need for std. Suzuki ones.......and even they don't take three weeks!

I have about 20-30 sprockets here................if you don't get MD's, PM me for what you want. I don't have the special order ones like any rear over 47...........only the 13, 14, 15, then 42, 45, 46, 47 and maybe one 48. More than 48 requires special order ond only one or two mfg.'s carry those.

IMHO:
      I would NEVER use 13 up front.............BINDS, as someone noted
      Switching sprockets is EASY! I changed out a front yesterday - took me 45 minutes start to stop, including wiping off fairing and belly pan when finished. Yes, experience counts, but just get the manual out and go by that! Its not that tough................ There are a few hints that help........probably do a search and find them on here. Lots of guys have changed out sprockets, so I'm sure someone will have posted hints by now..........
      I would not go above 48 or 49, unless I wanted to totally loose all top end, (which I don't want to!). Best all around combo I've found is: 14/47. A little better get-up and go, and still has good top end.
      Don't forget another CHAIN! (Your old one probably won't work!)
      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Just thought I would add that I ordered sprockets, 14/47, on wednesday and got them today (thursday) 1 day is pretty good...... from local house though, cycle outfitters in indianapolis.

s

Comment

Working...
        X