X

Bike Won't Start. Help!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Won't Start. Help!!

I recently put new xenon bulbs on my bike. The problem is I didn't try starting the bike before I took the front apart. Once the bike was put back together it wouldn't start. A friend of mine who is a mechanic checked it out and thought it was the starter relay, so i replaced it and it still won't start. It is getiing power but it never tries to turn over. Does anyone know waht relay is next to the fuse box under the seat on an 05 katana 750?

thanks'

Got a volt meter? Check the voltage on the battery... you might have run it down.

Loose battery cable?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have power just nothing happens when i push the start button.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeadows7638 View Post
        I have power just nothing happens when i push the start button.
        Is the clutch safety loose?
        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Pulling in the clutch handle fully? Is it really in neutral? Just a few other suggestions.
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

How about the choke?
            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

i'VE CHECKED THE CLUTH SWITH, MADE SURE IT WAS IN NUETRAL AND CHECKED THE KICK STAND. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH RELAY IS UNDER THE SEAT?

Comment

There is a starter relay under one of the side covers, but since you've already stated that you have juice, people are suggesting other possible problems.

If there isn't any clicking happening, then one of the safety interlocks before the relay is likely causing the problem.

It could also be a faulty side stand switch, but I doubt you want to hear about that either.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

turnsignal/neutralsafety relay and fuzes next to it
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AKA AllyKat View Post
                    turnsignal/neutralsafety relay and fuzes next to it
                    could that be the problem even though the signals work?

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      There is a starter relay under one of the side covers, but since you've already stated that you have juice, people are suggesting other possible problems.

If there isn't any clicking happening, then one of the safety interlocks before the relay is likely causing the problem.

It could also be a faulty side stand switch, but I doubt you want to hear about that either.
                      are there onl two safety interlocks the clutch and kick stand?

Comment

Working...
                      X