X

Learning and troubleshooting '90 750 fuel delivery problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That shut off valve is nice.

I just poured the gas back into a regular gas can and ran the carbs dry since I needed to pull them back off.

The bike fired up on the first attempt.

Since Im new to bikes, I was surprised how quickly these things rev.

Comment

Good timing on the post about using the Autozone coolant tank for an auxiliary fuel tank. I was looking for something to use so I can sync my carbs this weekend. I picked one up on the way home from work tonight. I like the Summit tank, but didn't want to wait for it to come. What size fuel like did you use with the Autozone tank?

Comment

I used 1/4" ID fuel line. That's what Im using coming off the carbs. I recommend slightly tapering the very tip of the nipples of the recovery tank to get the fuel lines to slide on and off easier. I just used hose clamps to make sure they didnt come loose. I also put fuel filters inline to keep from accidentally introducing contaminates into the freshly rebuilt carbs.

Comment

The nipples on my tank are about 0.35", or about a tenth of an inch larger than the 1/4" fuel line. Did you cut off the ball end that closes the nipples, then force the fuel line on? Thanks.

Comment

Yeah. I chopped the ball ends off and then tapered the ends just a bit to get the hose started. Once it's started, you can just push it on. If you want, you can wet the fittings to get the hose to slide on easier.

Comment

You were right. I just attached the 1/4" hose to my tank, and it worked great. I'm anxious to get it hooked up and try my first carb sync, using my homemade yardstick sync tool! Thanks again for the great low-budget tip.

Comment

Glad I could help!

Comment

<PERK> homemade yardstick sync tool???? DO TELL !!!!!!

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
                  You were right. I just attached the 1/4" hose to my tank, and it worked great. I'm anxious to get it hooked up and try my first carb sync, using my homemade yardstick sync tool! Thanks again for the great low-budget tip.
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I think he's referring to this.

I chose to go the way of vacuum gauges instead.

Comment

That website (along with a few others) is where I got the inspiration to make mine. I tried to use it Saturday, but my bike (which was running good last Monday) ran like crap. The only change I had made was to install two of the small sintered bronze inline filters before I started the bike to sync the carbs. I think the filters may be restricting the flow to the carbs. I didn't have any more fuel line , so I didn't get a chance to remove the filters and try again. I'm going to pick up more fuel line tomorrow, and I hope that it will run good again after removing the filters.

The auxiliary fuel tank worked great, though. I hooked both lines from the tank to the filters. That was too easy, I guess.

Comment

If you havent had a chance to use the yardstick sync tool, it works pretty well. Watching the difference in vacuum levels from carb to carb really shows how inaccurate eye-ball sync'n is.

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
                        That website (along with a few others) is where I got the inspiration to make mine. I tried to use it Saturday, but my bike (which was running good last Monday) ran like crap. The only change I had made was to install two of the small sintered bronze inline filters before I started the bike to sync the carbs. I think the filters may be restricting the flow to the carbs. I didn't have any more fuel line , so I didn't get a chance to remove the filters and try again. I'm going to pick up more fuel line tomorrow, and I hope that it will run good again after removing the filters.

The auxiliary fuel tank worked great, though. I hooked both lines from the tank to the filters. That was too easy, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                        X