X

Valve Adjustment Gasket Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FloridaKat View Post
    So the composition of the O-rings on the valve cover return lines vs. the oil cooler lines is different? Why would it be OK to MAYBE replace one set and not the other?...do they wear at different rates?
    Because you're only fiddling with the ones at the rear , which you COULD lose or drop on the ground and step on , as opposed to parts you AIN'T messing with , which typically causes less "bad things" being that you're leaving them alone . Capice ?

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
    The last time I checked the oil cooler lines had 0 to do with a valve adjustment.
    Not true , you MUST remove the lines at the rear to get the cylinder head cover out of the way . Granted , they may not technically be considered oil cooler lines , but they ARE oil lines . The book , naturall;y , says to replace those o-rings any time you remove those lines , but I don't think it's mandatory . I've reused those o-rings MANY times with no problems . Just be careful with them , and make sure everything's clean when you button it all back up .
    Last edited by md86; 12-19-2007, 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I know those are oil lines, they sure as hell aren't oil cooler lines. Matt, you're not getting my point here, I know you have to remove those oil return lines from the back of the valve cover. I'm saying you have to do absolutely nothing to the oil cooler what so ever.
      Last edited by arsenic; 12-19-2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
        Because you're only fiddling with the ones at the rear , which you COULD lose or drop on the ground and step on , as opposed to parts you AIN'T messing with , which typically causes less "bad things" being that you're leaving them alone . Capice
        Roger that....the ones that are in the rear are mounted vertically and appear to have a better chance of falling out.

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
        if you want to be technical about things, dude was asking what gaskets you need to do a valve adjustment. We told him that. He didn't ask what o-rings I should check on my entire friggin bike. The last time I checked the oil cooler lines had 0 to do with a valve adjustment.
        Actually, he asked "what else would I need". I was merely suggesting the o-rings inspection and possible replacement in the event his/hers were damaged. To that end, I never said you had to remove the oil cooler; it was another suggestion.

I agree, the oil cooler lines have nothing to do with a valve adjustment. They are mutually exclusive to each other.
        Last edited by FloridaKat; 12-19-2007, 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
        X