X

starter gear replacement instructions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter gear replacement instructions

just got my parts i need to get her running again but need some instructions on replacing the gear cover. i've taken the fairing off before so i know how to do that, other than that is all i have to do is loosen all the bolts surrounding the cover itself and slide it off and put the new one on?
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

So, you are asking how to put the cover back on?
    Yes, you are correct... remove the old bolts, and add the new cover... I think it's a 5 or a 6 metric allen... and it gets torqued to like 6.5 ft/lbs.

Make sure you have a new seal handy in case the old one is shot. High Temp RTV will work in a pinch too.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yea i ordered the seal and the cover as well, thank you it seems like it's as easy as i thought it would be.
      06' Zuki Katana 750
      Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

Yes, it will likely take you longer to take off and replace the plastics than it will to replace that cover.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

oops
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

remember, it is important to number or organize the bolts when you take them off, they're not all the same lengths.

Comment

And don't forget to drain the oil, or you'll make a big mess.
              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill
              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Not necessarily . some will dribble out , but not a ton . Put a drain pan and some paper under you and you'll be fine . I swapped out an advancer while the bike was on the centerstand . Didn't lose much oil at ALL .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                  Not necessarily . some will dribble out , but not a ton . Put a drain pan and some paper under you and you'll be fine . I swapped out an advancer while the bike was on the centerstand . Didn't lose much oil at ALL .
                  He's doing the starter gear cover though, not the ignition rotor cover...

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                  18v Rigid Drill

Comment

on the center stand it makes no difference which side it is, on the side stand, bad thing can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
                      He's doing the starter gear cover though, not the ignition rotor cover...
                      Soory , im dum . But still , you won't lose much oil if it's on the centerstand . Better yet , if you can have someone hold it leaned slightly right ..... I SHOULD have said " I swapped engine covers on both sides (NRC's) over the summer , and didn't lose much oil" .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                      X