X

stuck floats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck floats?

just reset the height of float levels because the carbs were leaking gas out of the face anyhow now i can't get the thing started, engine turns over with starter fluid but with just carbs it will turn over for ever, im going to buy new plugs even though thats not the problem, should i check compression or just recheck the carbs?

If you are kicking with starter fluid you need to go back and either check your carb bowls to see if gas is in there. prime the carbs. Or your float needles are stuck. Or your float settings are wrong. Spark + gas = fire. You are doing spark + starting fluid = fire.
    You are missing the gas in the equation. You may have gone too low on the float settings.
    Last edited by Kfreak; 12-02-2007, 06:14 PM.

Comment

yea make sure you're getting gas to your carbs, or else you're going to have to carry a can of starting fluid everywhere you go. if your petcock is ok then check your float needles they might need some adjusting
      Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Hmm...I had a problem like this recently. Make sure you set the petcock to PRI for about 30-40 seconds...that should fill up your float bowls with fuel and then a few cranks and you will be all set.
        1993 Suzuki Katana 750 (GSX750F)
        1993 BMW 325i

Comment

Refill the carbs back up and crack the carb bowl drain screws just a pinch to see if any drops of gas come out first. If dry, then try moving the fuel hoses around. I've had trouble with not enough pressure in the gas tank to push gas through lines if gas tank is not filled up very far. If there is gas in the bowls then recheck the float clearance on all the floats. Had a simular problem over the weekend with carb bowl stuck open, gas everywhere!
          "Do not look to deeply into anything I say, I'm a very shallow person."

Comment

Working...
          X