Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Slip on Exhaust causing bike to run a bit lean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grumpyoldgit View Post
    Currently paying £1.03 per litre here atm for 'normal' unleaded, that's £4.64 per Gallon or roughly $9.27 per gallon.

What are you guys paying?
    you don't wanna know . But then , we got so used to cheap gas that when prices started climbing after 9-11 , there was SUCH an uproar .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

But in England, their taxes are rolled into the petro pricing and services.. Like abulances ect Unlike here were we get taxed for crap seperately. Unless I am wrong, but thats my understanding of why prices are so different across the big blue pond.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
        But in England, their taxes are rolled into the petro pricing and services.. Like abulances ect Unlike here were we get taxed for crap seperately. Unless I am wrong, but thats my understanding of why prices are so different across the big blue pond.
        That is indeed true, tax makes up most of the price on fuel, alcohol and tobacco in this country.

Being so close to France helps with the alcohol and tobacco tax though, just don't tell Her Majesty's Custom and Excise
        Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Well maybe I imagined it, plus I just like to hear the bike more now. I'm a bit under half a tank and have 110 miles on this run so far.....

As for gas, my buddy bought some commercial land last year. One of the places had an underground tank for diesel and gas for their vehicles. I went to help himdig the tank out and cut it up, and what do you know......the gas tank is around half full and the diesel has a good bit as well. The stuff isn't more than 6 months old at the worst.

I filled up my truck from it with a rigged up pump setup we cobbled together and it's running fine. I'm working on sourcing some plastic 55 gallon drums to store some in. He said I could have as much as I can get out.

Comment

That might be fine to run in the cage, But I'd definately suggest a lot of Stabil and dont dare use it in the bike, Unless you want problems.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
              That might be fine to run in the cage, But I'd definately suggest a lot of Stabil and dont dare use it in the bike, Unless you want problems.
              Why's that? This tank setup is identical to a normal gas station. Except when they moved out, they took the gas and diesel pumps. I was worried it had been in there a long time until I found the tag from the tanker that last filled it up with the date.

Also the first 20 gallons or so I pulled out looked new.

Comment

personally i gotta agree with using it in the cage only .. just cause they delivered the most recent shipment recently .. tanks are never drained all the way down before filling .. so the new gas mixed with older gas .. and thats been happening since the station started getting any
                so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                  Why's that? This tank setup is identical to a normal gas station. Except when they moved out, they took the gas and diesel pumps. I was worried it had been in there a long time until I found the tag from the tanker that last filled it up with the date.

Also the first 20 gallons or so I pulled out looked new.
                  Newer gas contains ethanol which draws in moisture. After 6 months of sitting, the gas and ethanol have had plenty of time to seperate. about a month they start to seperate. Gas which has the ethanol seperated from it is a far lower grade then than it used to be. If I remember right, I think seperated its around 83 octane and unusable for most applications. Stirring it up will reblend however will also mix in the water along with the sludge thats in the tank that the ethanol has had time to eat away at in the tank. Kat carb passageways are small. Doesnt take much to poon them up. Cages have fuel filters big enough to still allow proper fuel to flow till they get clogged, but it would be a lot longer than it would be on the bike.

Options yours, I just would say to use it in the cars, not the bike

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
                  personally i gotta agree with using it in the cage only .. just cause they delivered the most recent shipment recently .. tanks are never drained all the way down before filling .. so the new gas mixed with older gas .. and thats been happening since the station started getting any
                  True enough, I have a combined total of 20,000 in the ground on the two 87 octane tanks, 93 is 10,000 , plus 15,000 Desiel and 6,000 kerosene. On the 87 octane tanks, which obviously sells more the threshold minimum is 1,200 combined between both tanks. I have to shut off the pumps before it reaches that level or it will burn out the sumps in the ground. So basically theres 1,200 gallons that will never get removed from the tanks. I also can note the water mix in the tanks via the veederoot which controls the levels in the tanks.
                  Last edited by Newbie2it; 11-24-2007, 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                  X