X

Need to check my chain, but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to check my chain, but...

Well, I need to check and make sure my chain isn't hanging up on the sprockets at any point, but I have no center stand. Is there another way to check it, without having to buy a $100+ bike stand?

I didn't notice that there wasn't a centerstand until I went to see if I could get it up on it to chec the chain. Fine time to find out. Haha. No idea which p.o. removed it or why.

Does anyone know the max distance I should be able to move the chain up and down? Also, what is the stock tooth count on the factory sprockets? I want to make sure they haven't been changed at any point so I buy the right chain the first time.
    97 GSX600F
    76 CB750F
    71 CB175

yeah, just jack up the bike under the center stand mounts. The sprocket count depends on the year and CC's. 1 inch is the max play.

Comment

PLay depends on year/size , too . Pre 750 calls for 1.2-1.5" , but the 98+ call for about an inch . Pre 600 was something else .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You should replace your chain and sprockets at the same time, so tooth count should be irrelevent. Order whatever tooth count you want, then get a new chain.
        I prefer a little less play in my chain, as it cuts out the slop in the driveline. It's alittle harder on the chain though.

Comment

Working...
        X