X

Odd starting problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd starting problem

When I go through the usual startup procedure in the morning, I put the bike in neutral, use the choke and start it up. That all works fine. However, after it has warmed up for a few minutes, the bike dies and I can't restart in neutral. If I put up the kickstand and then start it up, the bike starts up fine. But then, if I put the kickstand down, even if it's in neutral, it dies again.

Any idea what the problem might be?
    00 Katana 750

The Neutral Safety Switch (the kick stand neutral switch) is my guess. Not sure about the odd reason it would start cold but not hot with the kick stand down
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

theres a side stand safety switch relay also

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch
        The Neutral Safety Switch (the kick stand neutral switch) is my guess. Not sure about the odd reason it would start cold but not hot with the kick stand down
        After doing some research, it sounds like it is the neutral relay switch. Anybody know where to buy one and how easy it is to install?
        00 Katana 750

Comment

Let me know if you get this fixed, I am having the same type of issue.
          Joey Arn

Comment

It's really easy to install, just take the old one off put the new one on. I'd buy one from Ron Ayers.

Comment

Working...
            X