No announcement yet.
X

Bog at low rpm's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see, you guys are all missing the big picture. You need the right tools. Use what DynoJet tells you to use, then with a color tune you can get the A/F mixture spot on by messing with the pilot screws.

Comment

I was checking out the color tune tool. Pretty fancy gadget. I have a friend that uses a heat monitoring tool to adjust his a/f mix. Still trying to figure that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016
        if you loaded the air filter with gas, you need a new one of those too.
        What's wrong with getting gas on the air filter? How about having engine starter fluid being sprayed into the air intake a bunch? Previous owner did it constantly, and I haven't changed the air filter as it is in decent condition structurally.
        1996 SUZUKI
        KATANA 600F

Comment

well, that filter element, it's fairly important thats clean. If you don't replace it, which I think you should, at least take the filter out and blow it off with compressed air. Blow the out side off, don't stick the nozzle inside and blow it out, that will blow all the dirt back into the filter.

Comment

??????? Did I miss something? Where did the filter topic come from?

Comment

Never mind. I went back and followed the converse.

Comment

full exhaust without a jet kit sucks, it will run but not well and midrange rpm's are not a pleasant experience for anyone involved, a jet kit is worth every penny you spend on it...
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ordered the kit. Just waiting for it to show. Also waiting for my title so I may as well mess with the bike. Cold weather hit so this year is out for riding.

Comment

By the way, what's the widest rear tire anyone has put on their Katana? My bro in law's Boluvard has a nasty wide tire and I like the look of the tire stuffed in there.
                    Last edited by Kfreak; 11-01-2007, 08:15 AM.

Comment

a pre 98 150 is the widest rear tire you can use. I've heard of a 160 fitting but I wouldn't do it.

Comment

WoW! Just installed my Dynojet kit. Went with the 120 jets and what a difference. Followed the instructions step by step . No problem. Amazing what a jet change can do.

Comment

what air filter are you using?

Comment

well, I only have to say that this subject is covered!!

please tell me you have a K&N factory replacement!

The best way to go with the full exhaust and jetting!
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I disagree Thom, OEM air filter is WAY better then the K&N

Comment

Stock air box with a foam filter treated with oil. It's similar to the K&N. My results were 100% better with starting and performance. The bog is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X