X

bike wont start after it fell over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike wont start after it fell over

im a new rider and when i got home i got off the bike with out putting the kickstand on (dumb ass) i caught the bike before it hit the floor(dam these bikes are heavy) the next day i tried to start it and it started and putted then stalled on me. I looked in the tank and gas was empty. I filled it up and tryed to start it with the choke on and i think i flooded it. I left it alone for a day and tried to start it and still nothing. Im cranking it over and over intill the battery died still nothin??????

Can anyone tell me if letting the bike fall almost over can cause it not to start and how to get my bike started if its flooded..

thank you in advance for your timley response

dumb newbeeeeeeee

I'm guessing you flooded it and now the plugs are fouled.
    Good idea to check the oil for gas. Even though it was just tipped over a few seconds.

Comment

+1 new plugs should fix that, or you could clean the old ones, it's up to you.

Comment

Re-charge the battery, swap plugs, hit the starter with no choke for 1 second, then crack the throttle ~1/4 turn, hit the starter again. She should turn right over. Maintain ~2,000 RPM's for at least 30 seconds before riding off.

Have a good ride!

Comment

Why does the words "plugs" and "prime" keep echoing to me?
          GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

When you drop it, the carbs also empty REAL quick and it takes a while of turning it over before they will restart to get gas back into them.
            Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Been there , done that . Look .......
              First , prime bike . Gas ran from the bowls to cylinders , so they're empty now .
              Next , it MAY take a few cranks to get it to fire . If it's still warm , no big deal , just add some throttle , too . If it's COLD , try to start it with no choke . If no joy , use a little choke , increasing until it fires .
              If STILL no joy , change plugs .
              Changing the oil ain't a bad idea . You WILL have a little gas in there , now . Not much , but SOME . If you want bonus points , pull the plugs , and use a straw to drizzle a tad bit of oil down each cylinder . The gas will have "washed' the walls of the engine , so that first start up COULD be a little rough with some metal to metal contact .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X