No announcement yet.
X

Carb Synch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psh , I'll put in jet kits for friends for pizza . It ain't that hard . Part I hate the most is getting the throttle cables on and off .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Psh , I'll put in jet kits for friends for pizza . It ain't that hard . Part I hate the most is getting the throttle cables on and off .
      Yeah but do you clean the carbs (replacing the parts) and do all the tuning?

Comment

getting the throttle cable off aint hard, it's getting it back on that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          Usually only when people tempt him with new tools I think.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
            Originally posted by Black_peter
            Usually only when people tempt him with new tools I think.
            I ain't had to clean carbs with a jet kit install yet , but I cleaned one set "just because" , and it didn't take a whole lot more time . Main thing is the little holes in the pilot circuit . After that , the rest is easy . But yeah , I charged a new dead blow hammer for some work last spring (think it was a chain/sprocket set) . I LOVE that hammer , too .
            As for tuning , I just set it to what the kit calls for and call it a day . If the owner likes it (and I explain "Dyno/EGA ") , then hooray . But I've only done a few .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Noob question:

I have read alot of threads on carb tuning, etc and have noticed that different size needles are required for different situations. The question is; do you get all the different sizes in, for example, Ivans Jet Kit, or do you have to specify what size you want/need?
              Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

You get everything you need in the kit, I thin it comes with 2 or 3 different sets of mains, and the needles are adjustable.
                Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill
                Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Working...
                X