X

no power whatsoever, help please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power whatsoever, help please

hey, my 01 kat's acting like it doesn't even have a battery in it. turn the key and nothing lights up at all. i checked the battery, fully charged. hooked up right, basic stuff. i checked all the fuses. (theyre good)and im new to bikes in general so any help would be appreciated, i was supposed to ride tonight but it doesnt look like its going to happen

well if you turn the key and nothing happens it a fuse, the battery is dead, or the battery cables are loose, ooorrr there is a break in you wiring harness, get a pocket tester a check everything.

Comment

well, the batterys good, the fuses in the lil fuse block over the battery are all good, battery connections are good, and im in the process of tracing the wiring with a test light from the battery forward. any other fuses i should know about, or common weak spots?

Comment

My guess is a bad ignition switch.

Long Live the D

Comment

allrighty, found the main power fuse on the positive side was blown, we're in business now and i learned something else about the kat. thanks all

Comment

Ok, so that begs the question, why was it blown?

Long Live the D

Comment

those fuse generally blow due to old age, if it blows again, you have issues

Comment

You mean the breaker under the right side rear ?
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i dont know why it blew, the fuse i put in, same 30a. hasnt blown, no more issues with it now. and no, i mean the main power fuse behind the left side faring, and i started looking behind the right side fairing first, go figure

Comment

Working...
                  X