X

sprockets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprockets?

back when i rode sport bikes instead of the touring kat.... i was on a yzf r6 and back then i heard of people putting smaller sprockets up front and bigger in the back... i have checked on doind that to my kat and nobody can seem to find on that will fit on my bike... anybody around here done that or heard of it

Yes, and if you do some searching you can find threads that show what size sprockets will give you what change.

As well as this chart:

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

well i am asking this because i hear that it makes it easier to bring the bike up on the back wheel.... is this a true statement?

Comment

So.. if you read The CyberPoets site.. he says " - Large positive percentage changes can cut your top speed significantly, reduce your effective traction under high throttle applications, and may cause the front end to become light or wheelie in response to the increase in torque. "
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

if you want to wheelie, it's just not a good idea. When you're up on the back wheel, the way the pick up is designed, the engine is not getting oil. So mechanically, it's not smart, not to mention you look like a tool.

Comment

some see it that way yes... but im just so used to my r6... i could sit on the tank and bring that thing on the back wheel with nothing but throttle.. this bike just wont do it for me it just doesnt have near the power

Comment

it not that it doesn't have near the power, it's a steel frame, your R6 was aluminum, big difference.

Comment

That , and the R6 DOES have a lot more power . So you got MORE weight , and LESS power .
                Plus , you'll get NO oil when you're up in the rear wheel . I think that says it all right there .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X