No announcement yet.
X

need help with cleaning carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see . Been a while since I dug into 600 carbs . But I seem to recall one set NOT having those plugs . Yeah , they're all Mikunis , but that don't mean they can't be little different .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      I see . Been a while since I dug into 600 carbs . But I seem to recall one set NOT having those plugs . Yeah , they're all Mikunis , but that don't mean they can't be little different .
      Well... for the record... the 81 GS1100E carbs that I pulled apart a few months ago were internally very similar to the kat 600 carbs... so 20 years older... same principals I guess...
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Huh . Ok . And since I ain't heard from the other dude , I guess we scared him off .

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Huh . Ok . And since I ain't heard from the other dude , I guess we scared him off .
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

im still here #'s 502 235 8668 wont be a ble to ride fora about a week so give me acall anytime after that, i'll definetly be down for long distance rides
            95 suZuki katana
            Autozone rattlecan MoD

Comment

Si you fixed it already ? Well THAT'S cool , then we ain't gotta worry about THAT , and can go play !

Comment

i do my own but i'm a certified mechanic... i'd pay someone to do them otherwise..

Comment

Zombie thread
                  Last edited by arsenic; 02-05-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Hey, how's it been? I've finally taken on the task of cleaning my carbs. I'm on the reassembling part and somehow 2 of the a/f mix screw's threading is a lil eaten and the threads in the carburetor are all eaten up. So, my question is, is it possible to fix the aluminum threads on the carburetor or is the whole carb body junk? I cannot screw the a/f screw more than like 1/3 of the way in.
                    Last edited by 600toStart; 02-05-2012, 03:10 PM. Reason: apology for thread jackin' hehe.. my bad..
                    I invite you to church.

Comment

Try an M6x.5 bottoming tap. If that doesn't work, you need new carbs.
                      Last edited by arsenic; 02-05-2012, 03:54 PM. Reason: You can't really jack a 5 year old thread

Comment

Thank you.
                        I invite you to church.

Comment

Working...
                        X