X

so more carb questions...and petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so more carb questions...and petcock

ok so i have a 88 katana guy put 2000 carbs on...bike didnt run so great..so he had the old carbs which i took apart and cleaned them up and set the float height...ok so here is the thing the 88 carbs have 2 lines and the 2000 have one...its a customized kat tank so its a different petcock...the petcock has one line..easy enought you say run a t well i did that and noticed gas pissing out...on the second line one that goes to cylinder three ...i know the kats orignal petcock was a vacum type..one on it isnt so my issue is i turn gas on...it floods cylinder 3 my question is can i just unhook that line and run one line to the one that runs the floats? or am i just bucked and have to run the 2000 carbs again?
    My computer Tech job in miramichi,nb,canada
    Adaptive Office Solutions

No, you can't do that. The fuel rail is only shared between 1 & 2, 3 & 4 on the pre carbs.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

see i would say your right but these are 88-89 carbs the only thing that one line runs to is cylinder three because i can look threw the hole and see right threw it 90-07 may be that way

Comment

well me and arsenic were talking an figured out the second line on the 88-89 carbs is a vacum line and doesnt provide fuel so i blocked the line hooked everything up turned the fuel on verified fuel in all the float bowls started the bike an she runs pretty good..still need to sync the carbs alittle more but so far so good

Comment

see, you guy think I'm kidding, I really do know everything

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
            see, you guy think I'm kidding, I really do know everything
            yep definately a smart cookie

Comment

Working...