X

Squeeky Brake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeky Brake

My back brakes are new and they are still squeaking after 200+ miles. Is that a issue cause the guy who mounted the tire did it since the tire was already off. Thnx for the input.
    2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

they'll keep squeaking if you didn't put brake pad grease on the back of the pads.

Comment

I just live with the squeek . Mine's been doing that since I got the bike almost 5 years ago .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Mine always sqeak too.
        1990 GSX 1100

Comment

Same here, however, I got the red brake squeak-be-gone stuff (insert correct name here), and it didn't seem to help at first. It really sticky stuff, which is supposed to stop the high frequency vibration (the noise I was hearing). After about 1000 miles, it seems to be working. I'm not sure what took so long. Although, I've been getting out of the habit of using my rear brake for more than 10% of my braking.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

i guess i'll just take the tire off and throw some grease on the back of the pad then... see if that helps.
            2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

it can't be any grease, it has to be BRAKE PAD GREASE

Comment

[quote="Jhonyquest97"]i guess i'll just take the tire off quote]

<blondtilt> Why would you need to remove the rear tire to do something to the brake pads? Or did they make it this way on an '05?
                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

no, they didn't it's even easier on a 98+ because the caliper is on the bottom.

Comment

Not sure if this might work with a Kat, but my 97 Yammi Diversion had a sqeaky rear brake after I'd removed / replaced the rear tyre.
                    It ended up being the brake pad spring being on back to front (it fitted either way).
                    Weird? Well, it was a Yammi......

Comment

I noticed that my disc is rubbing on my pad for about 2/3's of the rotation of the disc. Any thoughts. Could i have to adjust the brake lever distance? or could they have warped my disc when taking off the brake pads?

Comment

Its possible to warp the disk if they didnt take care when putting the tire down or the rim fell over, Just how much is the disk actually moving back and forth? Do you feel a pulling or pulsation when you use the brake?
                        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Dunno if you can get it, but we use Copper Grease in UK for this problem.

Just apply a smear to the backs of the pads and the slide pins, ofcourse keep it off the brake linings/discs.

(the squeaking, not the possible deflected disc )
                          Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

It brakes fine and feels smooth so it's not really effecting my performance. Whne its on the center stand i spin the tire and it rubs for about 2/3s the rotation. I'm worried about long term effect on the disc and pad...

Comment

i use this stuff. it is around $4 a bottle

hopefully the disk isn't warped. maybe the wheel is in there wrong?
                              1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                              X