X

Transmission (89)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission (89)

I am having trouble with my bike's transmission. It jumps out of 2nd at anything over 4,000 rpm so I have been just skipping it. The bike is older and has 30 thousand miles on it so I am not expecting this to be an easy fix. I have been told I would have to do a lot of work to it and rebuild the entire transmission for it to work properly. If there is an easier (and cheaper) way I would appreciate any ideas. However, if that is the route I must go will parts from a 94 transmission work. Someone on eBay is parting out mostly all of their bike and I would rather get the parts cheap with slight wear than brand new considering the age of the bike. Thank You.
    1989 Katana 600
    1999 Camaro Z28

yeah, it's true, you have to pull the engine a split the crankcases. You don't need a whole tranny, you need the 3 shift forks and maybe 2nd gear, I have all of those, PM me if you want them.

Comment

Re: Transmission (89)

Originally posted by gen4Z28
      If there is an easier (and cheaper) way I would appreciate any ideas.
      Easier would be just getting another engine (you have a few options there) . Cheaper would be fixing the tranny yourself . However , it WILL take you a few days to get that done . So , what it your time worth ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The bike was meant to be a winter project anyway so I will probably just deal with it till then and fix it myself. Thanks.
        1989 Katana 600
        1999 Camaro Z28

Comment

Working...
        X