X

New Ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ride

I have an 06' Kat that I bought from someone. The fairings were replaced and it doesn't give any indications as far as the gas regulator is concerned. I dont know which direction to turn the switch to turn the gas tank off or to turn on the reserve. The reason why I ask is that also, when I hit a certain MPH (ie...100), and grab the clutch, my bike starts to die and no matter how hard i pull the throttle, there's no response...(The carbs were cleaned because the previous owner let the bike sit all winter w/o turning the tank off, so they flooded). A friend of mine told me that the carbs might need to be adjusted. Can anyone help with either. thanks...KATSamuari

Down is on, right is prime, left is reserve. It should say this on the petcock knob, behind it or somewhere.

Comment

so...what does prime do...as well as the reserve? Also.., why would my bike start to die when i grab the clutch after I hit 100mph?

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSamurai06
        so...what does prime do...as well as the reserve? Also.., why would my bike start to die when i grab the clutch after I hit 100mph?
        Prime allows gas to flow freely down into the carbs, without the bike running/vacuum. Don't leave it on long, if ever.

Reserve is for when you run low on gas.

As for the clutch, there isn't really a reason for you to use your clutch at 100mph unless you're stopping quickly, which hopefully you won't have to do When you use your clutch at that speed, your engine is going from around 9000 RPM to 1000 so your engine is going to sound like it's cutting out, but unless you have carb problems, it's probably not actually dying.
        Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in their shoes...
        Then when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
        -----
        2001 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
        X