X

Problem with carb not on kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with carb not on kat

I have a honda Twinstar cm200t and the problem with it is i can get it started but it won't idle. Everytime i let go of the choke it stalls. I messed a bit with the mixture screw and even rebuilt the rest of the carb, (gaskets, jets etc.) However the only jet that wasn't replaceable was the slow jet. Is that my problem?

If it is, does anyone know a good salvage yard that may have a carb cause the dealer said it's not available. Or how would i go about swapping another carb from another bike or something....
    2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

????????? ne one
    2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

possibly the slow jet or pilot jet and did you take the mixture screws out and clean that circuit out too
      I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

To find plugged circuits take a rubber hose and lightly blow smoke through all the jets and ports etc and look for where it exits. You can also use oil from an oil can.

If all else fails just dump the whole carb into denatured alcohol. The alcohol will dissolve must gummy build up without destroying rubber seals.

And yes, it sounds like your idle speed circuit is plugged. You may be able to sit the carb on the bench and fill the jet/circuit with solvent and let gravity feed it through the circuit.

Comment

I got all new jets, mixture screw etc. Only the idle jet isn't replaceable.

Do you think i can force the idle jet out and put in a new one even though the haynes manual says you can't take it out. I mean they got it in there so it's gotta come out.

Comment

Working...
          X