2002 B12 swap in 90 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 B12 swap in 90 Kat

Okay let's see if I got this right....

2 covers need shaved or they hit the frame...shave the covers or notch the frame. Breather cover needs modded inside and you must use the 750 cover.

doing a complete swap....guages, harness, carbs etc. Not sure on exhaust yet. Probably just run stock.

Will run the 750 oil cooler since the B12 isn't coming with one.

Will have to sort out the shifter link/rearset issue once everything is installed.

should also be able to run my pre 98 750 airbox if I am understanding correctly?

using the hydraulic clutch Bandit setup.

So hoping the shifter and the exhaust are my only headaches.

Why are you swapping out the harness and the gauges?

I'm not sure what you mean by 2 covers needing to be shaved or the frame notched...that must be an issue with the pre's, the only cutting on the frame I had to do was on the cross member that the coils are mounted to, just shave half of that off so the breather cover will fit.

And you mean the stock bandit exhaust right?

750 Cooler will be fine.

I wouldn't recommend using the pre airbox, although I am not positive it won't work, I can almost guarantee that it isn't going to have the same size boots, and the airflow will be different as well. You are probably better off using the b12 airbox if it will fit, or go with a stage 2 kit with pod filters.

The shifter issue is easily solved by drilling a hole in the front sprocket cover for the shifter shaft, do a search for hydraulic clutch with my user name and you will find a semi-how to on this. I did it on my b12 cover and took some pics and showed how I did it.

Also, I know on the pre's, the speedo is mechanically taken from the front wheel, the b12 takes it from a little sensor mounted on the front sprocket cover, so you'll have to deal with that as well.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
      Why are you swapping out the harness and the gauges?

I'm not sure what you mean by 2 covers needing to be shaved or the frame notched...that must be an issue with the pre's, the only cutting on the frame I had to do was on the cross member that the coils are mounted to, just shave half of that off so the breather cover will fit.

And you mean the stock bandit exhaust right?

750 Cooler will be fine.

I wouldn't recommend using the pre airbox, although I am not positive it won't work, I can almost guarantee that it isn't going to have the same size boots, and the airflow will be different as well. You are probably better off using the b12 airbox if it will fit, or go with a stage 2 kit with pod filters.

The shifter issue is easily solved by drilling a hole in the front sprocket cover for the shifter shaft, do a search for hydraulic clutch with my user name and you will find a semi-how to on this. I did it on my b12 cover and took some pics and showed how I did it.

Also, I know on the pre's, the speedo is mechanically taken from the front wheel, the b12 takes it from a little sensor mounted on the front sprocket cover, so you'll have to deal with that as well.
      Breather cover needs shaved on the front edge or the crossover tube needs notched. (my search feature only lets me go back 6 pages for some dumb reason)

Yes stock Bandit exhaust but I will see if this vance and hines off her 750 is anywhere close to matching up...might mod it to fit.

If an OEM airbox doesn't fit...I will fab one. I learned from my ZRX that pods are much harder to tune and keep tuned than an airbox setup.

Yes I already found your solution. When the motor arrives i will see first hand what it all means.

If I use the bandit guages I can also use the bandit speedo pickup. I am not sure what if anything I would have to mod or delete if I used the katana front wheel pickup and guages.

Comment

the stock pre air box boots should work bandit 1200 uses 36mm carbs and so does the pre750
        I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

okay this guy is becoming a pain...

what can be used off of the 750 on this B12?

oil cooler- yes?
          harness?
          ECM?
          carbs?
          starter?
          generator/alternator?

really trying to nickel and dime me now...I may just pass on the motor if he keeps this up.

Comment

Carbs should work . I'm WANTING to say the alt and starter will too , but not sure . I think you may need the CDI from the B12 , though . And I THOUGHT someone said something about some connectors being different in the harness . You could PROBABLY make something work though , if you tried hard enough .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X