I think I need new floats in carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I need new floats in carbs

Does anyone here sell em cheap? Wheres a good place to buy em? 95 600
    1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F 3,500mi. Black with Purple tank and rims. FOR SALE

try RonAyers.com

Comment

not cheap..................$50 bucks a pop. what is your problem? broken? because you can change the needle valves out of them.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

PM Special K. He has about 8 float bodies left.... and probably has some o-rings in stock still.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Its leaking gas outta the carbs. Also leaks if left in Prime position. I pm'd special K still waiting for response.

Comment

Originally posted by cmking26
            Its leaking gas outta the carbs. Also leaks if left in Prime position. I pm'd special K still waiting for response.
            If you don't hear from him in a few days... send an email to the account listed on his profile.
            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

email him he checks that every day.

Comment

Originally posted by cmking26
                that is a float issue, but generally not a float replacement problem. that is a stuck float problem. as far as the prime, that should only be used if the bike has been sitting for awhile, or if you had the carbs off and they are empty, or if there are petcock problems.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Yeah I had petcock problems, which I now fixed. But its dripping gas somewhere outta the carbs.

Comment

the leaking gas out of the carbs is a stuck open needle valve, which is what people refer to a stuck float. on the pre98 750's you can replace the needle valve with similar year gsxr with minor alterations. I don't know about the 600's but someone will be able to tell you. or they could just have crap in them, and need a good cleaning and new orings.

I am just saying might be a way to save a couple dollars. Because if you replace them the new ones might have a problem as well. try to tap the float bowls when it starts to leak , it helps with getting the float to well float.

Comment

Disconnect your gas lines.

Get a funnel or something to hold under the carb bowls, and drain all 4.

Then reconnect the fuel and set to PRI.

I've heard that method can knock some of the junk out.
                      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Not necessarily a stuck float . COULD be a needle so worn it's letting fuel through , too . Or crap hung up in the needle seat . Seen both .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Well Im having a mechanic do the work. So while I'm paying for the labor I think I'll just spend the money on new float assemblies. Anyone know who is the cheapest for new float assemblies?

Comment

Special K. See above posts.
                            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

I already talked to Special K his are used float assemblies. If I'm paying to do it right I think I should use new assemblies. Where can new ones be bought the cheapest?

Comment

Working...
                              X