Problem with 94 katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 94 katana 750

Hi, here is a description of my bikes problems:
    The bike when first taking off you have to rev it up and slip the clutch other wise it will want to kill. About 1-3,000 rmps it will shudder and and kind of chug like it isn't getting enough of something. After that it will go fairly fast and keep reving but under normal/hard exceleration it will backfire and sometimes backfires while just cruising, today at a stop light it killed and couldn't get the thing started and it eventually did start and idled real low.
    Idle: sometimes in idles fine about 1000-1500 and sometimes while riding and pulling up to a stop sign the idle will rise up to about 3500 RPM and stay there. Also it will run perfect and not backfire and have alot of power on a rare occasion.
    I am not sure where to start or what the problem could be I will probably get a shop manual and see if I can adjust the valves. How do you synch the carbs does it matter if you don't do it.
    Any help would be appreciated
    thanks

Sounds like you could use a carb sync. I think there might be a write up on how to do it. Do a search for "carb AND sync" in the Mechanics 101 section or look through the How-to and FAQ forum.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
    X