X

Ok to use 600 oil cooler on a 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok to use 600 oil cooler on a 750?

Ok, I've been doing some searching around and some sources say it is fine, others say you will burn the bike up. I just bought a 96 600 (with a a 750 motor obviously). I'm unsure of which it has. I counted 8 rows of fins. I just wanted to check to see if anybody here had a straight answer. I can't find a 750 oil cooler, unless I wanted to spend 150-200 new which still seems like a rip off. If thats what it takes I'll buy it, but maybe somebody can help me out. How much different is the 750 vs the 600? Does anybody have any pictures? Thanks in advance!

the 750 oil cooler has more rows of fins then a 600, yes it will cause heat issues. Not right away but long term it is a problem.

Comment

I wouldn't advise it.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Does anybody know of any other sources for them? Any 'nice' forums with classifieds? What is an average price for one?

Comment

here's some pre 98 750 oil coolers.
          Get the best deals on Stores HUB when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

Comment

I looked at those, is that an average price? 150-200?

Comment

well, it's kind of pricey to me, but that's what available.

Comment

I bought my post 98 750 cooler for 35 on ebay.

Comment

Depending on your summer temps, and if you want to go up on cooling capacity you could mount a Bandit 1200 or GSX1100F oil cooler. They all have the same union oil bolt so they would screw into the oil pan, but you may have to fab bracket(s) to mount it to the Kat.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I'm using the "97 600 cooler on my bike and even at temps off 35 degrees Celsius oiltemp stays ok.
                    For the record I've installed several sensors reading temperature. (one in the oilpan, one on the exit off the cooler and one underneath the sparkplug)
                    Highest readout ever was 179 degrees Celsius during a hot summerday in a stop_and_go trafficsituation...

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy
                      Depending on your summer temps, and if you want to go up on cooling capacity you could mount a Bandit 1200 or GSX1100F oil cooler. They all have the same union oil bolt so they would screw into the oil pan, but you may have to fab bracket(s) to mount it to the Kat.
                      So something like this would work?

EDIT: I just found this one from an 86 gsxr750. Would this be interchangeable even though the engine probably isn't a gsxr?

Comment

Ok I found a slew of GSXR 750 oil coolers... do these bolt up to a 600 Katana?

Comment

Those mounting holes look to be kinda far apart...you may want to ask the seller for a measurement.
                          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                          18v Rigid Drill
                          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

If its the same size or bigger, yes, if not, no.
                            "they haven't made a motorcycle in oh 35yrs where you can turn the head light off Confused"

burger?

Comment

Working...
                            X