X

FLAT TIRE FIX IN AN EMERGENCY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLAT TIRE FIX IN AN EMERGENCY

what do you guys recommend to fix a flat tire on the side of the road if you get stranded?.....im looking for something inexpensive that will at least make it 20-30 miles till i can find someone to plug my tire....will fix-a-flat work in our tires fairly well??
    I RIDE FOR A LIVING...WHAT ABOUT YOU??

I wouldn't use fix a flat. As the tire flexes during cornering the fix a flat may not stay adhered causing lose a air pressure. Every time I have used f-a-f I 've had troulbe with the valve stems too. I've used plug kits on both front and rear tires (rear has more miles on it with a plug than I care to have right now but $$ are in short supply right now) simple to use. I carry the 2 tools, plugs and small dc compressor. If your going to plug it yourself just be careful not to loose the plug strip inside the tire. Did that on my front the second strip worked but it felt like the balance was off with the first try inside the tire.
    sigpic

Comment

Tire plug and a bicycle pump? I bet if you search on it, you'll figure out what The CyberPoet reccomends.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Carry plugs and walmart sells a little CO2 cartridge thing that is real small. Takes 4 cartridges to refill tire. I keep the whole kit in a small cloth bag. Does not take up much space at all.
        2006 Katana 750+

Comment

I carry a plug kit and an electric pump. I always try to have a used but still usable tire at home to change out a punctured tire. I discard punctured tires, but have put around 500 miles on a plugged tubeless MC tire before.

Comment

i just need a quick fix for my bike during my courier work in a bad situation. i will never be more than 30 miles from someone who can plug a tire or a bike shop that can fix it with a new tire but 90% of the highways i run are desolate and nothing in sight for miles....i just need a cheap 30 mile fix...thats all.....i prefer fix a flat since its cheap and readily available but does anyone know if walmart carries everything i need to fix a flat on the side of the road???
            I RIDE FOR A LIVING...WHAT ABOUT YOU??

Comment

ACF1073 Wrote: i prefer fix a flat since its cheap and readily available but does anyone know if walmart carries everything i need to fix a flat on the side of the road???

Fix a Flat? Your rear wheel will be out of balance until you tear it apart and get it all back out! My walmart has it all.
              2006 Katana 750+

Comment

My 12volt pump came from Wal-Mart and so did the tubeless patch kit.
                I've since changed to the Stop-N-Go plug system, but have never used it.

You can probably pick up the tiny pump/compressor and the tubeless repair kit from WallyWorld for around $20

Comment

Originally posted by Timbercreek
                  Carry plugs and walmart sells a little CO2 cartridge thing that is real small. Takes 4 cartridges to refill tire. I keep the whole kit in a small cloth bag. Does not take up much space at all.
                  Learned my lesson in Moncton the other week. Everyroad thrip from here on out, I will have the above in my luggage. I bought self vulcnazind (sorry for the spelling) plugs as that was recommended. Super sticky plugs.

Went to leave Atlanticade on Sunday to drive home, only to find a staple in my rear tire. As it was a Sunday, no bike shopes are open and the 5 tow trucks I called won't touch a bike (won't accecpt the liability of pluggin a bike tire). A kind stranger brought me to his place, plugged the tire, aligned my tire and adjusted my chain. He always carries the plugs and CO2 cartridges on road trips. I was lucky....
                  Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

I picked up one of these and managed to get everything to fit under the seat. Haven't had an opportunity to use it yet and hope I never do.

MotoPumps is the best source for 12v inflators for the motorcycle, ATV, SxS, powersports, automotive market. Air Shot and Mini Pro tire pumps and Dynaplug tubeless tire repair kits allow you to be self sufficient on a tour, the side of the road or on the trail. Performance Under Pressure!

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

Working...
                    X