X

600 98+ to 750 pre 98?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 98+ to 750 pre 98?

the credit card companys want there money back,how unreasonable! ive sorted everything now but the engine!! mostly cos cant find decent 1127 or 12b for my money. next best is the said swap but is the entire engine needed when i got a spot on 600?have 750 gsxr cams already but what else is possible?

What the f#ck ?????
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

I agree. Wait, what?
      2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
      2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

i am obviously not clear,im looking for information on how to uprate my 99 600 kat, am running out of funds and looking to do it cheaper. am considering if its possible to uprate top end from a 750 and would appreciate advice. if thats not clearer feel free to ask

Comment

No. You should not mix up a 600 lower with a 750 upper. There are differences with stroke, etc. You would definately have to do some homework on the length of stroke, bore, piston wrist pin size, etc to make sure it would all work.

My advice would be to hold off until you can afford to do it right. Otherwise you may end up mix-matching parts that will just fail and then you will be without a bike to ride at all.

Also, the 750 cams will work with your current 600 just fine and give you a small gain in power. As long as it will work with the 98+ head.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

thanks Greg,the gixxer cams came with a head that some1 told me would fit on to "sleeve" the engine back up but it was cracked,just as well by the sound of your advice.

ive self taught myself most of sorting my bike but not the engine!i leave that to my budy thats qualified. looks like i can bore the 600 to 884 from a bandit modder or find a 750 motor and stop looking to cut corners. thanks again, advice here is worth mega bucks

Comment

Court 93 you are wrong. I am currently running the 98+ 600 and 750 engines share the same bottom ends and the same con rods. The stroke on the 98+ 600 and 750 motors are the same. I am currently running a 2002 600 bottom end with a set of 1992 GSXR 750 jugs over bored 1mm to 771 with Wiseco 12:1 pistons with no problems.

Now the 88/89 GSXR 750 and the pre-98 Katana 750 motors had a different stroke than the 600's. But the 86/87 and 90-92 GSXR had the same stroke legnth as the 98+ katanas.

Comment

mr clean, thanks a million! well impressed and found the way i now want my engine to go, i knew i wasnt completely barking? nice pic!

Comment

Working...
                X