Gas mileage (07 GSXR 600)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas mileage (07 GSXR 600)

Greetings,

Hey guys I need some advice. I am only getting about 31 miles to the gallon on my gsxr 600. Does that sound right? I am not riding real hard and usually keep it under 8K rpm. I recently had the butterflies replaced because of a problem and I'm curious if that could have something to do with it. I know this is a katana forum but I have gotten excellent advice here before.

Thanks

what problem did you have that forced you to get new butterfly valves?

Comment

Guess you would need to say how many miles on it. Also, what mileage you got before the "butterflies" were replaced. It is possible something was not adjusted correctly.
      Riding "usually" under 8 grand is not a sign of someone wanting good fuel mileage. Usually under 5 or 6 grand maybe. What RPM does it run at 60 to 65 mph in top gear, that's the engine speed of probably your best fuel mileage.
      Finally, you ride a streetable racebike, what did you expect for fuel mileage?

Comment

+1 remember it is a GSXR, they're not meant for good fuel mileage.

Comment

arsenic13 wrote:

what problem did you have that forced you to get new butterfly valves?
          The problem was that the bike (all of a sudden) would not get above 8000 rpm. I bought it brand new so im not sure what caused it. Anyway the dealer replaced the butterfly valve(s ) and it runs great except for the mileage. The only reason im asking is because a friend of mine has a 2004 R1 and he gets around 38 mpg stock.

Thanks

Comment

How are you gauging your mileage? Are you relying on the mileage that the onboard computer is reporting? If so, don't. They are not entirely accurate.

Otherwise, I would have to agree with Greg...it's a Gixxer...don't expect SUPERB gas mileage...31mpg ain't that bad.

Comment

my gixxer only got around 30-35mpg.
              myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

ummmmm glad I got the 1K then ... it still sucks on gas milleage but does around 35 ... guess the reason is because of the power it had ... unless I'm really "riding" (then gas milleage goes down the drain) it stays between 3 and 5k rpm.
                Guylaine
                Try and keep up now

Comment

I've got a 2007 gsx-r 750 that I usually get about 32-34 in town and between 45-50 on the freeway. Around town I'm usually under 5k rpm, suffers more when I get it up in the higher rpms. I'd say 31 is probably about right. Really though, it's a gixxer-you're suppose to ride it like you stole it-so no need to worry about mileage???
                  The way I see it-I can drive my 84 mustang that gets like 15 mpg or my gixxer that gets 30+ mpg.
                  'He who is not afraid will always be safe'
                  --Lao Tzu

Comment

like everyone else says, its a race bike for the street... gas mileage could almost be secondary...

maybe a power commander could help? i dunno...

with that said my carburetted (sp?) R1 gets 40-45....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

i think i get about 35mpg on my 02 600 kat. but i also have -2 in the front so my RPM's are pretty high at cruising speed.

(I know I know, don't give me a blast of crap about being -2... i hate it, im going to -1 next time i change chain/sprockets)
                      Let's go riding!

Comment

Working...
                      X