X

need some help here i have tryed everything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help here i have tryed everything

ok hers whats going in i am trying to bring this bike back to life b/c i need the motor out of it for my current bike, i have replaced spark plugs and battery, rebuilt carbs, checked to make sure each spark plug is sparking and checked the fireing order, the engine seems to have good compression the carbs are pulling gas but all i can get is it to sputter and sometimes backfire, it wants to start and is trying but it wont it will almost start but just sputters

It sounds like it is getting fuel, but can you tell if it is getting enough?

Also may want to check the ignition and make sure the previous owner didn't advance it to much...

Comment

i dont know how to do that, i would say i know a good amount about mechanics but am not really sure how to check that

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the ignition being advanced too much . I'd BET it's something in the carbs like worn parts ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

due to the tank being rusted i am running it off a test tank, so its not actually gravity feeding the gas ciould that ve a problem, it is definitly sucking it in though

Comment

ok i did a gravity fed test tank and the carbs started over filling with gas. it was leaking every were, so that would mean floats are stuck right?

Comment

Probably . "Leaking everywhere" ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah, that would certainly be a float problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badSRAD
                  ok i did a gravity fed test tank and the carbs started over filling with gas. it was leaking every were, so that would mean floats are stuck right?
                  not everywere but its blunt there takeing in to much gas

Comment

Working...
                  X