X

Possible carbs for a 92 600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible carbs for a 92 600f

Well I am a newb to katanas, and I havent bought the bike that I want yet. It needs a lot of carb work and I was wondering what possible other models could I take carbs off of and put on my bike? I have been searching this site for a while and havent found my answer yet. Any hp gains with bigger carbs? Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it.

Sorry didnt know this would create a duplicate

Comment

well, you can put 98+ carbs on it and use an Ivans kit, but thats a ton of work your not gonna want to do

Comment

Re: Possible carbs for a 92 600f

Originally posted by coolshadey2000
        I have been searching this site for a while and havent found my answer yet.
        lol....

Anyways, as far as carbs that will fit and HP gains, I don't think putting bigger carbs on a stock motor will do much for you, and it's probably not worth the work.

Unless the carbs that are on the bike right now are PHYSICALLY damaged, like they were dropped and cracked/broken, then I'm 100% sure they can be restored. Don't be afraid of them carbs are you friend!

You've come to the right place for help though, is you are mechanically inclined whatsoever, then I'm sure you have the ability to take apart a set of carbs, give them a good cleaning, new o-rings, and they should be good as new. There is a write up on a carb rebuild on here, it's very well written.

OR if you want to find a set of good used carbs, get 10 posts in on the forum, and it will unlock the classifieds section. I'm SURE someone on here has a set of carbs they can sell you. PM a member named Special K, he's like the katana parts warehouse.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Also I read in a search about gsxr 750 slingshot carbs, will these work fine on a 600f katana? I have rebuilt carbs on motorcycles before, I just thought it might be cheaper to get a good set of used carbs than a complete rebuild kit.

Comment

No rebuild kits avilable . Have to buy the parts you need seperately . Just gotta figure out what parts those are ....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X