X

92 katana 600f

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 katana 600f

Well I found a katana for sale, I havent been able to talk with the owner but threw word of mouth I have found out the following. The bike ran good 3 years ago, then he had the transmission rebuilt at a shop and upon getting it back it wouldnt idle/ run right. At the moment this is all that I have been able to find out. I am awaiting to get the guys number to find more out. It has been sitting for 3 years with gas in it , I know I am going to have to rebuild the carbs, been there, done that, the fairings seem to be a factory black and graphic. It has 29,xxx miles, how much do you guy think its worth sitting in this condition, what do you think could be wrong with it. Thank you ahead of time, I really appreciate it. I have been searching fo ra while and havent found anything close to describe the problem, seeing that I havent been able to play with it yet.

well the idle issue could have a lot to do with the carburetors. It could also be that you will need to adjust the throttle cable. Basically the idle issue really shouldn't have anything to do with the transmission.

Comment

i just bought an 88 in about the same condition for only 750$$. it had 31xxx miles on it. i just saw a 93 on craigs list for 800$$ but it was one of those built from pieces titles
      your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Still awaiting to talk to the owner, one quick question though, I shouldnt have to tear into the motor because it sat for three years, should I?

Comment

Also as I put in my other thread, Also I read in a search about gsxr 750 slingshot carbs, will these work fine on a 600f katana? Thank you again.

Comment

Your carbs are 33mm, slingshots are 38mm I believe. So no they wont work, unless the intake boots from the sling shot motor will fit on the kat
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

What if I got them to fit up on the engine, would the carb specs
              work?

Comment

No . The jets and such are meant for a different engine . You'd have to twiddle them ALOT .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

if it sat for 3 years ur going to need to clean the carbs... fun fun fun
                  your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Working...
                  X