X

jetting size to match k&n

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetting size to match k&n

I have a 94/750. Does anyone know if you can use a k&n air filter without the doughnut with a ported and polished head? I also sanded down the header welds for supposed increased flow as well as gsxr cams. If so what jet size might work the best??? I am also at altitude which I know makes a big difference.
    "Do not look to deeply into anything I say, I'm a very shallow person."

If you have a jet kit , go to their site and see what they say you should start at (I'd guess stage 1 , but maybe a tad richer) . Not all jets are created equal , so ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'll try that

Comment

by without the doughnut do you mean nothing at all? There a two size rings large and small, you need the large ring, do not take the ring out completely.

Comment

jets

just went through this early this week. ended up calling dynojet to confirm great advise i got here. what they said and my setup: 92 750 with jetkit, exhaust, k&n, and i live between 5 and 6000 ft.--- exhaust and filter put me in stage 1 with mains around 130. take the elevation into account knocks off upto8 points. so they say go with 125 mains and adjust a/f from there. the stock in mine is 105 in 1,2,and 4 and 110 in 3. maybe this will help you decide abit.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

I tried it with no doughnut and it ran well in the upper rpm's and a little sluggish in the midrange.

Tried the large doughnut, but did not seem to help the midrange, and seemed to hurt the upper rpm's.

Hey blazerzr2, why did your #3 carb have a different size jet?

Comment

I hear a lot of bad stuff about the k&n filters with the doughnuts not sealing properly. Is there anything special you need to do or should the doughnuts just slide right in?

Comment

Originally posted by chatty katty
                I tried it with no doughnut and it ran well in the upper rpm's and a little sluggish in the midrange.

Tried the large doughnut, but did not seem to help the midrange, and seemed to hurt the upper rpm's.

Hey blazerzr2, why did your #3 carb have a different size jet?
                #3 came stock with larger. im told by those here, its because the factory felt it ran to lean there.

got mine together today and it fired up and ran good. cant ride it yet, so im not sure whatll happen there. i did what i was told and im happy so far.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

If your #3 carb is running to lean I would guess it is out of adjustment. If it came that way stock then I guess suzuki knows what they are doing.

Comment

carb

clymer issue m478 covers gsxr750 and gsx750f 88-94, states the stock sizes i gave you.

Comment

Hey blazerzr2 you'r right, I never noticed the #3 carb was different.

Comment

Weird to have 1 carb run leaner. My bike had bigger jets on the outer carbs than the inner. I think 1 & 4 were 115's and the 2 & 3 were 112's. My K&N filter had a warning not to run the engine with the donuts removed. Too much air I guess. I put the larger donut in and it smoothed out the acceleration greatly at low speed, partial - full throttle roll-ons while in 6th gear.
                        Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Working...
                        X